Volunteering SA&NT is a not-for-profit organisation, the peak body for volunteering and a volunteer resource centre, leading the sector in South Australia and the Northern Territory. For 35 years, we have worked with individuals, organisations, businesses and communities to lead, advance, grow, promote and celebrate volunteering.
Through key partnerships, we provide a range of services, support and resources for over 2,000 volunteer-involving organisations and just under a million volunteers, which contributes to positive volunteering experiences and the strengthening of communities.
In South Australia there are more than 900,000 volunteers, whose contribution is valued at around $5 billion annually and in the Northern Territory, more than 70,000 volunteers, whose contribution is valued at around $3.3 billion.
Volunteering SA&NT began working in the Northern Territory in 2007 and re-branded as Volunteering NT in December 2016.
The South Australian Volunteer Centre was the brainchild of two dynamic women - Mavis Reynolds and Joy Noble with the official opening held on 23 August 1982.
From Volunteering SA&NT Patron, His Excellency The Hon Hieu Van Le, Governor of South Australia and Minister for Volunteers, South Australia, Hon Zoe Bettison MP.
Providing effective leadership and empowering the value of volunteering.
As the peak body for volunteering in South Australia and the Northern Territory it is our business to:
- Provide a credible and informed voice in volunteering
- Be the centre of knowledge and expertise in volunteering
- Position volunteering as a core component of a high quality of life
- Work with volunteers and volunteering communities to enrich the volunteering experience
- Increase volunteering
- Encourage self-reliance in volunteer management, recruitment, retention and recognition of volunteers