NT Volunteer of the Year Awards
Nominations are now closed - Thank you to everyone who nominated.
The Northern Territory Volunteer of the Year Awards recognise the outstanding contribution of the Northern Territory volunteers, volunteer involving organisations, corporate volunteering programs and volunteer managers at work in our community.
The Awards, established in 2014, are an initiative of Volunteering SA&NT. Nominations are assessed by an independent Judging Panel chaired by Volunteering NT.
You can nominate volunteers, volunteer managers or volunteer involving organisations in the following categories:
- Chief Minister’s Volunteer of the Year Award
- Chief Minister’s Youth Volunteer of the Year Award
- Chief Minister’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Volunteer of the Year Award
- NT SESVA Emergency Services Youth Volunteer of the Year Award
- Emergency Services Volunteer of the Year Award
- INPEX Community Volunteer Organisation/Team of the Year Award
- Excellence in Volunteer Management Award
- Higher Education/TAFE Student Volunteer of the Year Award
Nominations are now closed.
Do you need guidance on how to nominate - it's easy! Watch the video below to see how easy it is.
Winner: Donna Hunter, North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency (NAAJA)
Highly Commended: Dianne Tynan, Bushfires NT
Winner: David Joyce, Bushfires NT
Highly Commended: Peter Poole, St John Ambulance Service NT
Ron Green, Northern Territory Emergency ServicesVolunteering SA&NT Award for Organisational Excellence (Small)
Winner: Multicultural Youth NT
Highly Commended: Alice Springs Beanie FestivalSt John Ambulance NT
Highly Commended: Vinnies Alice Springs
Winner: Vicki James, Riding for the Disabled Alice Springs Incorporated
Highly Commended: Gordon Coward, Douglas Daly Volunteer Bushfire Brigade, Bushfires NT
Winner: Nella Willis, Drovers Volunteer Service Alice Springs Hospital
Highly Commended: Rosemary Burkitt, Red Cross
Winner: Geoff Kenna, NT Fire and Rescue Service, Alice Springs Rural Volunteers
OrganisationalVolunteering SA&NT Award for Organisational Excellence - Small Organisation
Winner: 8CCC Community Radio IncorporatedVolunteering SA&NT Award for Organisational Excellence - Large Organisation
Highly Commended: Conservation Volunteers Australia