Women's Information Service Community Outreach Volunteer - Murray Bridge
Women's Information Service
The Haven at Murray Bridge provides information to women, by email, over the phone and in person. The heart and soul of WIS is about listening to women, identifying key issues, and providing information and referrals to assist them with life decisions. We aim to increase access to information that gives choice and empowerment.
The tasks that WIS Outreach volunteers do are varied and many involve engaging with women from the local community. Volunteers tasks include:
- Regular administration tasks to support the service
- Talk with women who come to The Haven specifically for assistance.
- Support established groups within the centre, build rapport and assist with relevant WIS information and referrals.
- Develop and deliver (with support) non therapeutic groups that can fill a need in the community, build rapport and assist with relevant WIS information and referrals.
- Organize community information sessions around topics of interest
- Promote the Murray Bridge Community Centre and The Haven to community groups and community services.
- Develop opportunities for The Haven volunteers to be involved with in the local community.
- Attend community events and expos on WIS stalls
Prior to an offer of a volunteer position being made, candidates must:
• Provide a current National Police Check
• Agree to undergo a Department of Human Services Vulnerable Person Related Employment and/or Working with Children screening check.