Special Olympics Australia - State Athletics Coordinator - SA
Special Olympics Australia - National Office
Special Olympics Australia has a proud history of creating opportunities for athletics athletes to merge passion and ability in regular sport participation. The role will provide knowledge, guidance and support to further develop the athletics pathways to support athletes in achieving their goals and providing opportunities for quality participation.
• Provide guidance and support in the preparation of skills sessions and programs for athletes.
• Monitor and provide feedback regarding program development.
• Provide a supporting environment that encourages coaches to further develop their knowledge and practical application and therefore provide a quality experience for all athletes.
Competencies / Skills
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Ability to be flexible and to improvise when needed
• Ability to inspire and motivate others to believe in the Special Olympics Movement
• Ability to work within set boundaries
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Understanding of relevant WHS requirements
• Good time management skills
Education / Experience
• Meet minimum coach accreditation requirements:
• Completion of the Australia Sports Commission General Coaching Principles online course
• Previous experience as an athletics coach and/or competitor