Special Olympics Australia - State Tennis Coordinator - SA
Special Olympics Australia - National Office
Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
We are currently seeking a highly organised individual with previous experience in sport administration to become the Club Tennis Coordinator
The Tennis Coordinator is responsible for planning, promoting, implementing, supervising and coordinating the Tennis program within South Australia.
The role ensures that club training and competitions are organized according to the schedule, at a high standard and adhere to the SOI sports rules. The role will also provide required support and advice to the tennis coaches and assistants within the club.
The ideal candidate will have experience in tennis, sports management / development experience along with strong relationship building skills.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in sports coaching and/or management
• Current Level 1 (or equivalent) Coaching Certificate in Tennis
• Proven experience in effectively managing multiple stakeholders
• Current Class C driver’s license
• Previous competition experience in tennis
Competencies / Skills required:
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management ability
• Strong computer literacy and capability to maintain accurate records
Minimum 1 year
Approximately 2 hours per week.
Must be available evenings and weekends.
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organization and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.