External Cancer Information Centre Volunteer - Royal Adelaide Hospital
Cancer Council SA
Cancer Council SA recognises that cancer can be overwhelming but finding the right information and support can often make a world of difference. This support can come in many shapes and forms, including through a Cancer Council SA Cancer Information Centre.
Cancer Council SA partners with three metropolitan hospitals to deliver Cancer Information Centres that connect visitors to information, through the support of caring volunteers who guide them to available information and support services.
This role will be based at the Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Information Centre.
Broad role requirements are:
- Greet visitors to the centre and maintain a comfortable and welcoming environment
- Provide guidance to information about Cancer Council SA resources and services
- Provide information in accordance with training, being guided by the procedure manual and aware of boundaries in providing information
- Complete required paperwork in a timely manner for accurate reporting
- Understand boundaries of the role and practice strategies for self-care and protecting own health and safety
- Participate in training, performance review and professional development as required to maintain volunteer status
- Restock resources as required.
Cancer Council SA is an equal opportunity employer committed to effective volunteer involvement and maintains a non-smoking environment. The successful applicant will therefore be a non-smoker.
As a part of our recruitment process you may be required to undertake a medical assessment, police clearance check and/or a Department of Human Services check.