Baptist Care SA
At Baptist Care SA, we find ways to make people's lives better.
Baptist Care SA provides out of home care, disability care, youth education and employment, homelessness and therapeutic support services. We work tirelessly to help South Australians achieve their full potential. Baptist Care SA is committed to working with the State’s most disadvantaged, championing local issues and connecting with people to provide transition pathways from adversity to opportunity.
Volunteers are an essential part of Baptist Care SA. They play a vital role in the delivery of services to those doing it tough in our community. We are looking for dedicated volunteers to assist prepare meals for anyone experiencing homelessness or just having a difficult time. A day in the kitchen could look like,
- Preparing ingredients for a delicious meal
- Serving meals to our daily patrons
- Having a meaningful discussion
Or helping with the cleaning up
We look for Volunteers with the following attributes:
• Punctual and reliable
• Respectful and courteous at all times to all visitors, volunteers and employees of Baptist SA
• Willingness to learn and follow instructions
• Ability to show empathy with people who experience hardship, loss, disadvantage and disconnection from the community
• Ability to work 5-15 hours per week (between 9am-2pm Monday to Friday) for ideally a minimum of 3 months
Start making a positive change in a person’s life and register your interest in becoming a Volunteer for Baptist Care SA today!
Baptist Care SA is committed to the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable people and as such applicants will be considered in accordance with our safety practices and suitability screening processes prior to being accepted as a Baptist Care SA
• A valid DHS Working with Children Check
• A valid National Police Check
• A valid Child Safe Environments Training certificate
Please note that Baptist Care SA will assist approved applicants to obtain these checks/certificates free of charge.