Fauna Rescue of South Australia Inc
About Faune Rescue:
Fauna Rescue of South Australia Inc. (Fauna Rescue) is the largest wildlife group in South Australia. We are an incorporated association and registered charity. Our mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and release South Australian wildlife.
The organisation commenced in 1988 with a small group of 10 keen individuals with an interest in Fauna and has grown to a membership of over 400 wildlife volunteers. Our members are located all over South Australia including metropolitan and country areas.
Fauna Rescue operate a dedicated wildlife rescue hotline assisting wildlife and the community across South Australia 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We provide rescue advice and assistance for over 14,000 animals annually to preserve Australian wildlife and inspire others to do the same.
About the role:
Reporting to the Chairperson, the focus of this role is to provide operational oversight and leadership to all Fauna Rescue volunteers.
As volunteer Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic management of the organisation, driving organisational performance and ensuring best possible service and outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all volunteers within Fauna Rescue to achieve outcomes consistent with our strategic direction and mission statement
- Develop and improve quality management and compliance systems
- Develop and implement an effective volunteer recruitment strategy including facilitating the DEW permit application process
- Manage volunteer operational requirements for Fauna Rescue, including identifying areas that are under resourced and allocating volunteers accordingly
- Coordinate training of new and current volunteers consistent with identified operational requirements and volunteer interests
- Update and roll out volunteer policies, procedures and species training material
- Communication with the Chairperson and management committee
- Ensure required standards and legislative compliance obligations are met
- Oversee Fauna Rescue representation at various events throughout the year
- Formal tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience
- Proven experience providing operational leadership, direction, support and motivation within an organisation
- Experience within the Not-for-Profit sector would be desirable but not essential
- Sound communication, interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Strong record of success achieving timely and appropriate outcomes
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and DEW permit conditions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Full working rights in Australia
- The applicant will be required to hold a current Police Check.
Please note that this role will require face to face interaction with members as well as attendance at some training sessions. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will spend at least 2 days per week at our Holden Hill office.